As many of you know I'm really passionate about a charity in Toronto called George Herman House. It is a lovely home for women living with mental health issues. I was having lunch with the Director of the house a few months ago and I asked her whether they needed anything for the house. She walked me through the house and pointed out that their (one and only) TV for the house in their living room was broken. It was an older tube TV and I'm surprised it had lasted that long.

The broken TV at George Herman House
When you're a charity like George Herman House - dollars go straight to the residents, groceries and housing so "luxury" items like TV's are hard to save for. If not impossible. Although a TV sounds like a luxury item, I personally think it's quite helpful for after a long day to unwind. So in a home where women are trying very hard to get through a day - I thought a TV went from a luxury item to something of a necessity. I decided to put it out there, via twitter, that I was looking for a TV for George Herman House. And guess what happened.... (It's a long post, so I'm doing the "Read More button)


The house took a photo for me when it arrived! Yay!
Sharp heard of my search. And within days of finding out that this home needed a TV Sharp organized shipment of a new 46” Sharp AQUOS Quattron 3D TV. (Retail value of $2,099.99) for the house. I was driving with Aubrey at the time when the e-mail came in and I screamed. Like full on went "AHHHHHH!" And freaked Aubrey out. Did you see that box above? Did you see the big 3D that is on it? CRAZY! I love Sharp. Love them! Love them! I'm going to have to go knock on George Herman House's door to take part in their movie nights - anyone else have a 3D TV? Not I. So fun!

The new TV. Huge. And 3D. *swoon*

I know that Sharp is having a huge contest on their facebook page for Father's Day. I offered in return for their generocity to help promote their "Ultimate Dad Contest" that they are having on their facebook page. If you could even show some love for them on the page - to show them that we all love when big companies look after the small charities.

Here is the info on the contest from Sharp on their Facebook Page:
Sharp wants to celebrate Father’s Day with the biggest and best TVs in Canada. Sharp’s “Ultimate Dad Contest” is the first big initiative for the newly launched Facebook page. To enter, fans can visit www.Facebook.com/SharpCanada and upload a video or photo that says why their Dad is the “Ultimate Dad” and why he deserves the ultimate big screen TV. To win the grand prize of a Sharp AQUOS 80” TV, fans must drum up as many votes as they can from family and friends because the grand prize winner and four finalists will be selected based on the number of votes received. Weekly prizes will also be awarded by random draw. The contest runs until Friday, June 15, 2012.

THANK YOU to Sharp for helping this great home out.

Ps., A special thanks to Emilija  - when she saw that I was looking for help she alerted the company. I love blog friends. xoxo Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top