During the demolition of the kitchen, rooms that we hadn't intended on getting dirty still got dirty. Dust & dirt seemed to find its way into the smallest spaces even with the greatest preparation. As we got closer to the move back date I decided a thorough cleaning of the house was in needed prior to moving back. First, I'm a neat freak but the second more import reason it was important was Oscar. I was especially concerned about the dirt and dust that had gotten into our bedroom carpets. Oscar lies on them, plays, and his mattress is right on the floor. I didn't want anything left in those carpets that could be harmful to the little guy.

In comes a carpet deep cleaner. I had previously rented one so I knew I loved them but because of the size, and the pain in renting one for a single day, I decided to research consumer products meant for the home. In comes the Bissell  Lift Off Deluxe Deep Cleaner.  Bissell shipped this gorgeous machine to me and it was like Christmas the day it arrived. If you're like me, and kind of have a itch to clean, or are contemplating whether a carpet cleaner is right for you, you may get equally excited at what I'm about to show you.

First of all here is the main unit. It comes built and ready to use with the exception of having to install a handle. I was nervous that this would require a lot of prep work - Thankfully it didn't. You simply take off the water tank (on the front of the unit) fill it with hot water, and put a capful in of their cleaning solution (shown below) and it's ready to use. Easy as pie.
I need to address the cleaning solution that they send you. The solution is really nice- it has a slight aroma but isn't too powerful. I'm very sensitive to scent (I get headaches at too much "aroma") but this was really, really nice.

To use the machine, once you've filled the tank with water and the solution you put it back on the cleaner and you're ready to roll. To spray your carpet with the water, you simply pull the lever on the handle and it sprays the hot water with the detergent. When you release the handle, the water stops spraying and the suction of the water begins. You go over your carpet a few times and in the end you see this....
Isn't that gross? But isn't it awesome to see? In the end our carpets looked obviously cleaner and also regained some "plushness". It was so nice to walk on the carpet after it had dried (which didn't take that long)

A few days later I decided to try the detachable unit that this model includes. It just pops off the main cleaner part with a click of a button. Truthfully I was originally more interested in the stand up unit that I used in our bedroom but I tried the detachable unit on our kitchen bench that had a LOT of stains from Oscar learning how to eat ....

And it was AMAZING. To be completely honest, this was my favourite thing. It made our bench look like new and I started doing other areas in my house like our stair runner, and next week I'm making a date to do the inside of the car.

Personally, I think if you have the space to store a standup unit like the one we got to use, I would say invest in the full kit-and-kaboodle. And I actually REALLY loved this model. At $299 I think it's worth every penny. Having the standup floor cleaner AND the detachable unit is amazing. I'll likely use the portable part more - as it allows me to get small stains and go around the house, but having the larger unit to do full cleaning of our white carpets on the 2nd floor is SO NICE.

And there is now a waiting list of family & friends that are borrowing it. My Mom is especially excited to get her hands on it. Do you have a cleaner? Would you invest in one? Are you as nutty as I am for cleaning gadgets?

Thank you to Bissell for letting me use this awesome cleaner. I REALLY love it and it will be getting a ton of use. xo Lindsay

The Bissell Lift-Off® Deluxe Pet Deep Cleaner was provided to me via Bissell. Review photos, words and of course opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top