I end this week with a reveal of one of my favourite things in the new kitchen. Our faucet. The most glorious, beautiful faucet that I have ever seen. Here is a shot of it installed.  I loooove it.

Jumping back to the decision making process I debated between a traditional faucet and a modern faucet for a long time. The white shaker cabinet door style we went with was neutral enough to allow me to go any direction with the faucet style and early on in the design process it became clear that the faucet was going to set the tone for the kitchen. Were were going to go modern or tradition? I liked both, but my heart really was leaning one way.  It wasn't until I walked into a local kitchen and bath place that I found "the one".

Photo of the Perrin & Rowe faucet in the store.
The faucet that I fell hard for was the Aquitaine Single Lever faucet made by the luxury brand, Perrin & Rowe. I am very familiar with Perrin & Rowe  - made in England, the faucets are individually assembled by hand prior to being shipped and made with the highest quality materials. You can feel the quality in the piece when you pick up a sprayer, or even when you see the faucet in person. 

My parents had always talked about this brand while doing their home renovation - so I knew that it was a brand to be comfortable with. Not just comfortable, but absolutely "Squeal with delight" excited about. As Aubrey and I say. "It's faaaancy". :)

After spotting this faucet I scurried home to tell Aubrey with excitement about finding the faucet. But it was a major decision as the faucet was definitely on the "splurge". As I walked home after discovering the faucet I thought to myself that this purchase was much like what we had done throughout our house. We save by doing DIY's on certain areas of our house which allow us to splurge on other areas on well made pieces that really have quality. The same was going on in our kitchen - we've matching low end items like Big Box store cabinets - which brand like Perrin & Rowe to give us a really unique kitchen.


I brought Aubrey to visit the faucet and thankfully he LOVED it too, so it was decided. Now, a few weeks after deciding that we'd splurge on this, something happened. I had been in contact with the Perrin & Rowe team and told them how much I ADORED the faucet. One day I had a knock at the door and a beautifully presented box was handed to me. I opened it up to find my faucet sitting on my kitchen table. Perrin & Rowe sent me the glorious faucet that I had fallen in love with. It was one of the most generous gifts for our kitchen, and truthfully the faucet sets the tone for the entire look of the room.

In our kitchen the faucet is really what sets a "look" so now you know I'm doing a more traditional vibe. I can't wait to show you more photos of it all put together and how a single piece, like a faucet, can really set a tone.

The Perrin & Rowe Kitchen Collection can be viewed here, and our style - The Aquitaine Single Lever faucet is on page 33.

Ps., Thank you to Perrin & Rowe for the generous gift.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top