A few weeks ago Pottery Barn sent me a box of the most gorgeous ornaments from their collection with the following challenge....They wanted to see me use the ornaments throughout my home, everywhere but the tree. (I don't even have my tree up, so they were in luck.)

In terms of the challenge I thought about wild and crazy ways to show my ornaments in use. But truthfully - I'm not wild and crazy. I'm a traditional girl so I found that my comfort (and what I really honestly thought I could show you as something I would do....) would be traditional ways of using ornaments - even though they aren't on the tree. So yes, you may have seen these ideas before somewhere else, I'm not recreating the wheel. But what I wanted to show was the beauty of the decorations. And, have some fun with styling.






The first things I thought of doing was setting a place setting with an ornament. The little bird ornament I just clipped to one side of the plate - so it's sitting there perched, and it can be clipped off when the guest sits down. The Pottery Barn owl ornament is more substantial, and placed gently on the folded napkin on the plate, it presents beautifully with a sprig of boxwood slid in at the top. I can see this as something a Grandmother may do on Christmas dinner - a keepsake ornament for each family member. The nice thing about Pottery Barn ornaments is that they are substantial - so they do lend themselves to the keepsake gift.





And then you have, for the special ones in your life, the same idea of adding a beautiful gift of a heirloom ornament on top of a gift. It's super easy to do, and really presents beautifully under the tree or as a hostess gift.

There you go. So although being used for a non-traditional use (not on a tree) I think that these are still pretty traditional uses of ornaments and help add some beautiful detail, and personality to your home / wrapping for the holidays.

Ps., I had so much fun styling these photos. I also found those blue plates at Value Village a few weeks ago. They are ah-ma-zing. So, pair high end, with low end and ta-da!

Blue Plates: Purchased at Value Village
Ornaments: Provided by Pottery Barn
Ribbon: From my shop Penny Paper Co.

*Disclaimer. Pottery Barn gifted me ten ornaments from their collection for this post. No other compensation was provided. Read more about my blog and how I get compensated. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top