photos via instagram - @lindsaystephenson
I'm right now sitting at the cottage, by a crackling fire, listening to the loons on the lake, reading decor magazines. It's a rough life. As some of you know, every Summer for the last ten years I've shut down the shop for the better part of August. In the early years I was apologetic (and reluctant - due to the lack of income) about closing the store but in recent years I've felt less guilty about it as I've found that I need the better part of August to regroup, recharge, and since having Oscar - just spend some quality time with him. Although we have a great deal of fun at home - I'm still pre-occupied and not always present, which I think any working parent can relate to. Especially those who perhaps work from home. So the opportunity for me to escape the home, which is also my office - for an extended period of time, well, is really something I cherish.

With all of that being said - even though I'm away from the office, I'm still working on a few projects and, big developments, so I'm staying connected via my laptop. Some things are way too important to tell someone "I'll be away for three weeks". So I have been making some allowances for certain things.

As well as having some professional developments in the works, I have a few decor / design projects on the go which is ridiculously fun because I get to get creative on behalf of some people I absolutely adore. I'm sourcing fun accessories for the styling and some DIY projects from my favourite cottage country antique stores. I'll post some of the finds and how I'll use them, later on next week. Anyhow, just an old school blog post for you today. xo Linds

Photos Above Via Instagram

Ps., we have a house sitter so burglars, you're not welcome to my house. Shooo! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top