#ProjectPinkRoom items sourced via Etsy
Fall seems to be the Season of makeover projects - and I'm doing the happy dance that I have a second "makeover" up my sleeve. And this time - it's with Etsy! AND - it's for a little girl!! Eeeee! Getting to work with people I love (like my brother and his wife) and now my girlfriends daughter as my "client"- well. Pretty fun.  This project happened rather innocently - perhaps over a glass of wine. I'm not sure really how it bean but my girlfriend asked me for some help in pulling her daughters room together. And then it started, I was obsessed with making her daughters room uber cute. Over the Summer I was started sourcing items while at auctions, finding pieces of furniture at vintage shops, texting photos at 10pm at night - and sourcing items via Etsy. I'm not sure whether or not my girlfriend was expecting the onslaught of ideas coming at her via texts and e-mails but I guess that's why we're friends - she was just as excited about it all as I was.
And best yet, her daughter - (We'll call her Z) , was over the moon at the idea of her room getting some attention. Really, the excitement in Z, made me want to go all crazy with this project.




I have to say that her daughters room actually wasn't bad. Z had a stunning pink headboard from HomeSense, and a nice soft pink wall. It was so cute! I loved it. But I understood that my girlfriend wanted more on the walls, storage and a more "finished" look. Really, with the major items like the headboard and the wall colour fine in my books, the rest was, rather easy. This is where a lightbulb moment happened during the planning stage. I was sourcing a LOT of the items to fill up the wall from Etsy. I have a great love for Etsy, I love the team behind the company and the sellers on the site. This little bedroom makeover was a great opportunity to showcase how you can really decorate a room using the sellers of artisans and vintage sellers that make up the Etsy community. And so, a project collaboration with Etsy was born. We're decorating pretty much 90% of the room using Etsy items. HOW FUN!?

Anyhow, above are some of my picks for the room - some have been purchased and are on their way, waiting for a makeover day, others didn't make the cut. You can see other items in my #ProjectPinkRoom on Etsy.

Stay tuned for some updates, but you can follow #ProjectPinkRoom and in a few short weeks I'll have a reveal!



Disclaimed: Etsy has given us a gift card to spend on Etsy to source some (really ridiculously fun things) for the bedroom. Other items have been purchased by us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top