2012 has been a damn good year. So much so that I wanted to relive it with all of you. Here are the Best of 2012 Awards.

Best Of


Best New Hobby: DIY'ing. Moving back into our house means lots of DIY projects and decorating around the house. So I've scoured tons of amazing home blogs for new ideas on what to do and have started making our house a home.

IMG_6400-001

Best DIY Project of the Year: My favorite DIY is our new pink chandelier. I LOVE it. I love how the color pops against our mint walls and how trendy it is! I still can't believe that I almost gave this chandelier away.

Best Home Rennovation Project: Tearing down the walls!!! Big thanks to Justin for being such a handy guy and tearing down a couple of walls in our house to make it more livable.

Now, since this blog has only been around for a matter of months, I've decided to share a few of The Best Of's from My Greatest Hits so you can see how my whole year looked. Check em out!

Most Eye Opening Moment that lead to the Best Life Changing Moment: If you've followed this blog for long, you'll know that Hubby and I were struggling with our life in Virginia. So this Most Eye Opening Moment lead to this Change of View which lead to this Best Life Changing Moment. Needless to say, we're in a much better place now that we've put ourselves first.

Oh, and this was a pretty important moment that was closely related!

Best Husband

Best Husband of the Year: He cooks. He cleans. He moves across the country (a couple of times) for me. And he even rips down walls. I mean, you can't get much better than this guy.


Biggest Crybaby

Biggest Crybaby: I don't cry often, but when I got this letter in the mail I went hysterical.

Desktop6

Award for Finishing What You Started: This award goes to me (and my friend KFields!) who stuck it out and finished the Virginia Beach half marathon in September. 99 degrees with 90% numidity made this race the hardest thing I've ever done, hands down. I almost quit, but didn't. I walked though....oh boy, did I walk. Image source.

Weirdest Vacation Ever: Hubster and my trip to the Dominican Republic was the weirdest vacation we've ever taken. But we don't need to relieve this again.

Best Work Trip: One of the things I love about my job is the fact that I get to see the world. Well, maybe not the world, but the country. This year I got to visit NYC for the first time ever (and three times after that!). My favorite trips were in the winter before Thanksgiving and before Christmas. NYC is so pretty in the winter! Runner up: Vancouver Canada!

Best Weekend

Best Way to Spend the Weekends: While living on the East Coast, hubby and I had some amazing weekend trips spent with friends. We had a few trips to DC, two to Baltimore, a dozen or so to Virginia Beach and one to Charlotte!

The Wall

Most Artistic: One thing Richmond did right was having local artists paint murals on the sides of buildings, and boy are they gorgeous. And they sure worked great as backdrops for my photos!

Most Terrible Luck: I get the award for this one! If you remember back a few months before we left Richmond, I got hit by a car....WHILE WALKING TO WORK!. Now, this may be a combination of my own bad luck and Richmond's terrible drivers, but I've given Richmond a lot of flack in the last year, so I'll chalk this up to my own bad luck.

Best Concert: The best concert we went to this year was definately AWOLNATION. The show was at The National in Richmond, VA which is a small and intimate venue with the beauty of being a historical building. There were maybe a hundred of us there, so Hubby and I were able to stand close to the stage yet feel comfortable enough to move and dance around. And AWOL was amazing!

Best Surprise

Best Surprise: After a stressful few months of work, I decided to surprise Justin with a cake to show him how much I appreciated his putting up with my shit. He thought it was hilarious and I got to enjoy some of the cake too!

Best Book I've Read This Year: I've read tons of books in 2012 that I've shared with you through my Sunday Storytime posts, and 11/22/63 by Stephen King is by far my favorite. I gave it five stars in my review here.

Money best spent: I can't believe it had taken me so long, but in September I finally hired a designer to update the design of my blogs. They look SO much better and I couldn't be happier. If only I knew how to code....

What are some of your favorite parts of 2012?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top