I have decided to just post ALL of my photos from my trip to NYC into one monster blog post so if you're interested in the shots from my trip to New York and what we did, everything is after the jump. As a side note, I took all of the photos with my iphone. Although I brought my DSLR and used it on occasion, I was surprised at how much I just did with my phone. It was so convenient, easy to snap a photo on the go, and doesn't scream "tourist". The security guy at the airport, before I had to get scanned and patted down for weapons/drugs started telling me that iphones now have lens attachments? What?! Anyways, I was so flustered that the security guy was making conversation that I got super ackward and scurried away. We had a few ackward encounters with secutrity. Anyways, that's for another day. More shots after the jump. :)




After walking the gift show all Monday, we took Tuesday to explore New York a little bit by foot. The first stop in the morning was we walked to The Frick Collection. It was amazing.  We had a personal tour by our family friend who we were staying with -  who not only has a love of art like Mom and I do, but he knew quite a bit about the art collection and the home of Henry Frick - so the tour was perhaps my favourite part of the day. After that we three walked to Central Park -  The day had spring like temperatures, so we were pampered a bit for the walk. For lunch we dined at The Loeb Boathouse restaurant in the park.



After the park, we took to just walk around as I was especially taken with the architecture in the city. I am just in awe of the details. We were lucky to be staying in an amazing neighbourhood so the variety in homes/buildings was fascinating. I had originally intended to get to the MOMA but I was a bit in sensory overload mode. So I'll save more galleries for my next trip.




We walked to Ladurée, that was newly opened (within the last year) and I indulged in a Pistachio Macron. It was heavenly. The night before I had indulged in my very first Sprinkles cupcake which also was worth the indulgence. It unintentionally became a "food" trip rather quickly. We of course visited FAO Schwarz where I picked Oscar up some goodies and giggled with friends. I'm hitting myself for not buying one of those masks. I never really got into Disney- but I am a Jim Henson fan so I got giddy at the Muppet Workshop in FAO.


At night we went to see Once on Broadway. It was amazing. The voice of the main woman "Girl" played by Cristin Milioti gave me goosebumps. We walked home after the show and walked through Times Square, Rockefeller Centre. I adore this city at night - the architecture that I love is put on display with all of the lights.




Wednesday morning we were picked up and headed back to the airport. (We flew Porter, so the airport was in New Jersey). I stocked up on magazines, coffee and Mom and I sat and enjoyed the Porter Lounge. Before we knew it we were landing home, and Oscar was enjoying some of the goodies I brought him back from my adventure. (His NYC Rescue Vehicle set, that he wanted to play with in the sink).

And that, my friends, was my NYC trip. So much fun. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top