First, I wanted to thank everyone who joined my very first link party yesterday, The DIY'ers. I'm so happy to have you all join and share your latest DIY projects to provide us all with a little inspiration!  And the party is still going, so if you haven't shared already, be sure to do so! 

Today I'll be sharing a few more easy, cheap and simple DIY organization ideas for around your home - and today it's all about shoes!

Organization OCD

Just like every other female in the country, I own a thousand pairs of shoes. I have more shoes than I need (yes, I'll admit it) but that doesn't mean that I don't want to buy more.

Long ago I ran out of room to store all of my shoes in my coat closet, so they've slowly started trickling into other spaces of my home; the bedroom closet, by the front door, the guest room and even into my bedroom!

But now that we've moved into our house and I've started organizing the place, I feel like I've found the secret to organizing my shoe collection.

Be creative!

There are tons of ways that you can organize your shoe collection from putting a photo of them on the front of their box and storing on the top shelves of your closet, to installing cubby holes in your closet for each pair of shoes, or even have totes that slide under your bed!

While all these options work nicely, I don't have that large of a closet, so I needed to get even more creative.  And  lucky for me, I have a carpenter as a husband who likes to build me bookcases.  So why not repurpose a bookcase into a shoe shelf?

IMG_6204
2012-11-039

It works wonderfully. I also purchased some simple wire shelving that easily fits into a small space in my closet to hold the spill over from my shoe shelf.

IMG_6990

How do you store your shoe collection? Any new ideas that I should be adopting?? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top