The One of a Kind Show starts today, and I was honoured to have been one of two people asked to design an Easter tablescape that was on display at the show. The task was to design an Easter themed table setting the incorporated 3 items from artisans that are exhibiting at the show. More after the jump!
Right away I decided that table setting obviously was going to revolve around family. I went with the theme of an "Easter family brunch" as it allowed for some playfulness yet still some formality of a sit down meal.

For the design I decided to do a kraft runner for my table.  Kraft runners look sweet but also really are really practical as kids can sit at the table and draw ON the tablecloth.  As a parent you want the little ones to stay at the table long enough to develop some recognition of taking part in a meal with family - but often these big family dinners can't hold the attention of kids. By giving a kraft table runner and a  little package of crayons - the littles are more likely to stay with you at the table.

Next, my concept of a traditional holiday meal with family involves pulling out some special family pieces that you use year after year. I incorporated a vintage teacup and saucer and the little bunny candle holders. Although the candle holders are new to me this year, the thought is that for the family that was hosting these would be something that comes out every year. The playful Carrot pepper mill from Sylvain Tremblay (show exhibitor) is also something that would likely be super sweet to use every Easter and would have a place at the table. (Ps., My Mom has one of his pepper mills and they are GORGEOUS)

You obviously need flowers and I thought I'd line my table with mason jars. Then I remembered Heyday Designs was at the show, so I incorporated one of her ceramic mason jars. A little laid back, but still mixed with other flower arrangements, candles and decor it plays into a little formality. My table was 2 feet x 2 feet so I didn't go too crazy with flowers but the thought is that you would have a row of flowers in different jars. (My friend Kareen gave me a Heyday jar awhile ago and it is still one of my cherished pieces)

What's Easter without some treats at the table so I included Cadury Mini Eggs (because they are the classic Easter treat) but one thing I *always* pick up at the One of a Kind Spring Show is a cookie from  Mad Batter Bakers - so one of their cookies needed to be at the table.
And then you have the bunny seating card I made - again, it just plays into something that a Mom may do for the kids at the table. I tried to keep the table relateable for others and not too over the top.

There you have it! I'm pretty happy with the look of the table but now but the setup yesterday wasn't without some frantic texting to Aubrey panicking that I didn't have enough on the table. I didn't appreciate how hard it would be to style a 2 foot table! I think it's a relateable table design, so I'm going with that mindset. ;)

Anyhow, I hope you like it and it provides maybe a wee bit of inspiration for your decorating this year. I'm off to the One of a Kind show tomorrow night with my Mom and can't wait to do a little bit of shopping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of a Kind Show Shopping Guide:
Beaver Mason Ceramic Jar ............. Heyday Designs  Booth F-05 at the One of a Kind Show
Cookie ...................... Mad Batter Bakers Booth C-52 at the One of a Kind Show
Carrot Pepper Mill ............. Sylvain Tremblay Booth F-49

My Own Item Shopping Guide
Kraft Paper .......................... My own stock, but find at business supply store
Vintage Teacup .................... Vinatage Shop
Crayons ............... Dollar Store
Bunny Candle Holder & Candles .............. William Sonoma
Bunny Place Card Holders ................. DIY, See how to make here
Cloud "mini" card (used as seating card) .................. The Penny Paper Co.
Cloud Invitations ..................... The Penny Paper Co.

Ps., Tim was the other table! You can see his design inspiration over on his blog.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top