How many of you have heard of (or practice) having one color palette for your entire home?America's favorite home bloggers first introduced me to this with their last home, and it took me a while to warm up to the idea. But after giving it some real thought, I've decided that I love the idea and am going to take it on as my own.

What changed my mind? I like the possibility of furniture and accessories having the ability to swap rooms. I also like the idea of using up some leftover paint that we have from other rooms. It just seems like a more cost effective way to decorate and design your home.

So after agonizing myself the past few weeks, thinking through the thousands of possibilities for our master suite color palette, I've finally decided that I'm going to try out this "whole home color palette" thing.

Here's the whole home color palette I'm imagining.
Home Color Palette
I kind of love it because there are tons of neutral colors, but also plenty of bright, statement colors that can be used through accents (or feature walls!) While I don't think all twelve colors match perfectly, in different combinations, I think they'll all look great throughout the house.

Here's how I have the colors broken down by room, along with a couple of shots from the rooms that are complete (the other rooms have a long way to go).

Living Room Color Palette
Living Room Collage
Kitchen Color Palette
Kitchen Collage

Master Bedroom Color Palette
Master Bathroom Color Palette
Guest Bedroom Color Palette
Office Color Palette
Full Bathroom Color Palette
Laundry Room Color Palette
What do you think?

I'm pretty excited to start putting together some mood boards for our master bedroom and master bathroom for our remodel, since those will be first up on our to-do list.

I swear this to-do list is getting longer every day, instead of shorter...

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Craft-o-Matic, Monday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to Sparkle, Take a Look Tuesday, Work It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, 36th Avenue, Inspiration Gallery, The Weekly Creative, Five Days Five Ways, Inspire Me Please What's Shaking Link Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top