The new pine dresser is in Oscar's room. I love it. I actually clasped my hands together, jumped up and down and beamed.  A year ago I don't think I would have put pine in this room but for some reason when I saw the piece it felt like it was meant to be for Oscar. It just feels like a family piece, worn with bumps and scratches from years of love and ready to handle many bumps and scratches from our family.



Resting on the pine chest are some special mementos - There is the painting of a bear that I made for Oscar. Lately the book of choice at bedtime has been "The very cranky bear". Hearing Aubrey read the book to Oscar at night, and hearing Oscar giggle when Aubrey reads it, fills me up with this happiness I can't really explain. The bear in the painting was inspired by the story, although although he doesn't look all that cranky in the painting. ;)

Next to the painting is a the gorgeous red wooden train. It's one of my most cherished items in our house. The background is that My Dad grew up with a love of trains. When Oscar showed a love of trains it instantly became a bond between Grandfather and Grandson.  Last Christmas my Dad, who was pretty sick at the time, and my younger brother, worked together to make Oscar this wooden red train. And they gave it to him on Christmas morning.  I still feel a little bit sad when I see it, but it deserves to be out on display and it makes Oscar so happy. I feel pretty lucky to have it in my house.

Next to the train is a little globe piggy bank that I found on Etsy. It's the least sentimental out of everything, but it's cute.  ;)  Here is a similar one and many more can be found by searching "Globe Piggy Bank".  Oscar can sit there for half an hour putting pennies in it, and then loves to shake it wildly to get them all out. (It lets me put away laundry in peace.)

Lastly, above the chest of drawers still hangs the print that Sarah designed. It still suits the room and the boy in the print oddly resembles Oscar with his thick black hair.

Overall this is a great example of how simple changes can really transform a look of a room without a major investment. Here is the "before".



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top