Like the candles on my console table? Want to know something? They are fake! Shut the front door. Read more about the candles, plus a video bomb moment from Oscar after the jump. (It's a long post with a long intro, which is why I do the "read more" links)



Back in September I received a lovely e-mail from Abbott introducing me to their Reallite candles - a line of faux candles that have a flickering fake flame. With the introduction they offered to send me a candle to have for my home. Although flattered at the offer (who doesn't love goodies arriving at their door?) I wasn't really in need of faux candle so I filed the e-mail away.

At the gift show two weeks ago, I brought with my my three fake candles that I wrote about in June of 2011. Although they add ambiance, they are pretty obviously fake. It was during the show Mom told me  about how she had seen fake candles that look really real (unlike the ones I had at my booth) I remembered the e-mail from Abbott and wondered if it was the same candle. A week after that, I was my my Mom's house and pulled me into her living room and pointed at some candles flickering on her console table. I stared at them. And then after a long pause Mom said "Those are fake!" I was shocked. And sure enough, they were the candles that Abbott had emailed me about in September. Mom had found them at Indoors Out in Toronto and purchased some for her sofa table in her living room.

Seeing them in action at my Mom's house, made me a believer. I decided to take Abbott up on their offer of a candle. I thought it would be a perfect fit to have faux flickering candles at my Mom's night out - Real candles produce a lot of heat, and I get terribly nervous with flames and paper (like my paper wreath I made...I didn't want that catching on fire). Before the party, three candles arrived and I placed them on my console. They were gorgeous.




At the end of the night as some girlfriends were left - I realized I hadn't pointed them out. So I told the remaining ladies that the candles that were on the console were ... fake. And their reactions were much like mine when my Mom pointed them out at her house. All evening they hadn't realized that they weren't real. The flames actually flicker, move about and make it look like, from afar, that they are real candles. I wish I had gotten their reactions on video but that would have been a bit awkward.

Obviously when you look closely you'll notice that they aren't real. But they were lifelike enough that they fooled most of my guests as they sat on my console table. I took a video for you - sorry for not doing a fancy intro or fading or music. You can even hear Oscar yelling for me in the background...



And here is the "Video Bomb" by Oscar... I included it because in this video you can actually see the flames better than in the shot above -



He likes me to carry him around. I'll take my snuggles when I can.

Anyhow, Thanks to Abbott for sending me the three candles for the event. No heat, no worry of my house burning down, and making my house look stylish.

xo Linds

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top