Updating a Shelving Unit

I'm a spray painter by heart as you can tell by some of my favorite projects here, here and here. I mean, how can't you love spray paint? It's a simple way to update a piece to match your decor, or give it that little extra oomph.

As one of my last updates for our living room (but not final), I finally got around to painting our shelf/mirror/bulletin board /key holder thing that we have by our back door...

New LR Rug Hero
Shelf Before

...yeah, I don't really have a name for this thing, but we love it. We've brought this shelf-thing along with every single move to every single new apartment or house (reminder: that's 10 moves in 7 years), and I'm not about to leave it behind now just because it was the wrong color.

And I can't pass up an excuse to spray paint something.

Shelf Spraypaint
Shelf Spraypaint 2
Shelf Stripes 2

So a quick 3 coats of spray paint and some pretty mint stripes later and our favorite shelf-thing got a new life!

Shelf After
IMG_2161

And during this spray paint expedition, I found my new FAVORITE tool. Lots of spray painting can mean for a very sore pointer finger, but not with this bad boy. For under $10, I got this kick-butt spray painting grip that helps the process go sooo much easier. Less cramping = more painting. Love it.

Spray Paint Grip

HOW did I not know about this thing sooner? Have y'all been using this for years and I just jumped on the bandwagon? Or is this a new thing?

And what do you think about my latest spray paint project?

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Craft-o-Matic, Monday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Tell Me Tuesday, Remodelaholic, Time to Sparkle, Take a Look Tuesday, Work It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, 36th Avenue, Inspiration Gallery, The Weekly Creative, Five Days Five Ways, Inspire Me Please What's Shaking Link Party, Craft Frenzy Friday, DIY Weekend, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies Linky, Best of the Weekend, Tutorials and Tips, Wow Us Wednesday, Link Party Palooza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top