Helllllooo friends. I'm so excited to tell you that I've finally started making some design decisions for our remodel that's starting one week from yesterday! After sharing two other bedroom mood boards that I'd been considering (which you can see here and here), I've finally decided on one!

And you all really helped me in coming to a decision. Back here, I shared with you my struggle with remodeling and redecorating our house with the hopes of selling it within the next year or two. I felt like I was remodeling for a stranger instead of for myself, but I got some really great advice from all of you to find a happy medium. That even though I want to sell the house soon, I shouldn't decorate in a way that I don't enjoy myself.

I couldn't thank you all enough for all of the advice and support that you provided, and I'm happy to say that the style I've chosen is a mix of a Potential Buyers style and my own style. So here's the wondrous mood board for our bedroom post-remodel that I've been dying to show you. I hope you love it as much as I do! (Minus the creepy cat pillow, that is...)
Inspired by a Bed Part 3
Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 2.52.31 PM

I've always loved a grey and white color palette, so this headboard (and room color!) is a perfect backdrop to allow for a few navy & hot pink pops of color! Here are the details around the mood board.

Headboard // I've always known the statement piece in our bedroom would be the headboard. And I'm in love with this larger than life, grey, fabric headboard. Best part? It looks super easy to DIY.

Chandelier // These Orb Chandeliers are super hot right now, and I know that it's going to look stellar in our new master bedroom.

Curtains //  Navy blue is going to be my primary pops of color against my grey walls, headboard and grey & white bedding.

Pink Pillow // You've all probably noticed my love for pink from photos I've shared of our living room. So in the essence of our whole home color palette, I'm definitely bringing some pink into the bedroom.

Nightstand // I'm absolutely in love with these West Elm nightstands, but I'm not about to spend the big bucks to get them. Justin & I will be DIY'ing them for a quarter of the cost.

Grey Patterned Fabric // Southern Shades on Etsy is making two beautiful pillows for me in this pattern, and they'll fit into our new bedroom perfectly.

Navy Pillow // I'm in love with the pattern of this pillow and plan on buying this (or making it!) in multiples.

Navy Lamps // I haven't decided if I'm going to buy these navy lamps new, or spray paint the lime green ones that I have right now. But I know these would look perfect in our bedroom.

Pink Pot // And I'll be putting pops of pink wherever I can squeeze them into the room. Like with some pretty potted plants.

Bedroom 11

And I'm also loving the look of this symetrical, gridded photo wall for one wall in the room if there's room too! Isn't it gorgeous!? I'm not sure if I'll have enough wall space for anything this big, but I like the idea of it. Maybe half this over the headboard?

So what all do you think? I think the final product will be a long time coming, but this is my goal that I'll achieve little by little.  And I can't wait!

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Craft-o-Matic, Monday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Tell Me Tuesday, Remodelaholic, Time to Sparkle, Take a Look Tuesday, Work It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, 36th Avenue, Inspiration Gallery, The Weekly Creative, Five Days Five Ways, Inspire Me Please What's Shaking Link Party, Craft Frenzy Friday, DIY Weekend, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies Linky, Best of the Weekend, Tutorials and Tips, Wow Us Wednesday, Link Party Palooza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top