By now, you all know that I'm a firm believer of design for all. Everyone, no matter your situation, should be able to afford a beautiful home that they love - and DIY'ing is one of the ways to achieve that from furniture to crafts to artwork!

Today I'm sharing my latest artwork project. If you follow The Girl Creative, you know that I shared this with her readers last month - and now I want to bring it on home to you.

How to Paint Geometric Wall Art


Today, I’m here to show you how to paint a really simple piece of Geometric Wall Art. It’s a piece that honestly anyone can achieve in 30 minutes or less!

DIY Geometric Wall Art

Materials needed:


Frame: I'm using the Ribba 11x15 frame from Ikea
Multi-Media Painting Paper

DIY Artwork Paper

Paint Brushes
Acrylic Paint

Acrylic Paint for Wall Art

How to:


The instructions for painting geometric wall art are super-duper simple. Once you’ve determined the design you want to paint, tape it off using blue painters tape. This comes off of the painting paper really nicely. I decided on a multi-triangle design using four colors from our master suite color palette.

Taping the Geometric Design

Using BASIC Acrylic Paint from Micheals , I started mixing a very small amount of each color that I wanted to use. Since I was only doing one triangle of each color, I didn’t need much paint.

Geometric Artwork Painting

Start with painting two triangles that aren’t touching. Paint, and allow for them to completely dry before taking up the blue painters tape and reapplying for the remaining two triangles. Note: Unless you want a thick white stripe between each triangle, be sure to reapply the painters tape between the painting of each color triangle.

Colorful Geometric Artwork

Allow to dry and the piece is ready to be framed! Simple as that.

Geometric Wall Art

For only 30 minutes and the $9.99 cost of the frame, we have some beautiful new art for our home!

Want more DIY artwork inspriation? Check out these projects too:

SPACE How to DIY Abstract Wall Art for your home Affordable DIY Art for the bedroom DIY Hanging Letters DIY Washi Tape Art

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top