Let's talk stairs. Even though we're knee deep in grout in our bathroom, and our stairs look like this right now, I'm dreaming of stairs. Before this remodel is over, we'll be updating our boring carpeted stars to something beautiful. We'll be buying, staining and installing stair treads and installing a beautiful stair runner - and I'm SO excited.

Remodel Progress_Walls

I think stair runners have an elegant beauty to them. They automatically make your home look nicer (and hopefully will make someone want to buy our house one day soon!)

So I've been dreaming of stair runners. That's normal, right?

While I'd love to do something bright and flashy to match with my own style (see the lime green geometric print three down on the right? Or the lime green and navy striped one three down from that? Swoon!), I know that since selling our home is in our hopeful near future, I should stick with a more muted color palette in a pattern that will hopefully bring prospective buyers in.

Stair Runner Options

On another note, does anyone know where this (above) photo is from? What store has this amazing stair runner assortment, because I want to go there!! I found the photo on Pinterest, but would love to know it's source if anyone knows! 

So even though we'll be sticking to a more neutral color palette, I still want to bring in a nice, modern feel to really pull the entire house together.  Here are some of my favorites.

Modern Stair Runner Inspiration


Modern Stair Runner Inspiration

Clockwise from top left: Grey Ikea Stripes, Dash & Albert Geometric, Wide Black and White Stripes, Brown & Cream GeometricYoung House Love Stripes, Neutral Geometric

9 Stair Runners that are in the Running 


So, now it's time to go shopping. Here are the 9 runners that are in the running, but I'm wondering if there are other retailers out there I'm not thinking of. Have you purchased runners before? Where did you buy them from?

Stair Runners in the Running

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9

Which ones are you liking? I'd LOVE to have #4 in my home, but that's probably not smart when I'm thinking about selling. But gosh-y I love that one.

Update: 9 MORE Stair Runners that are in the Running

Update: You guys! I just stumbled upon a gold mine of rugs over on Zinc Door. For real. I feel like the leprechaun at the end of a rainbow.  But now my decision is even harder. Here are nine MORE rugs that are in the running. I'm Stresssiinnnngggg out. Which one do I choose? 

More Stair Runners in the Running

10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16 // 17 // 18 

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters,  Pincentive Blog Hop, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top