We're all friends here, right? Yeah? Good. Then I can admit to you all how ridiculously indecisive I am. I have to put together a mood board for every single design decision I make so I can be absolutely certain I've made the right choices before forking over any dough.

But even with my multitude of mood boards, I still find moments that my plan just isn't what I'd hoped. And our original plan for tiling our Master Bathroom is a perfect example of that. If you remember back from our original Master Bathroom Mood Board from back in October, you can see that I had originally planned on a dark, moody and modern color palette. I'd chosen beautiful charcoal/black shower tiles that I absolutely loved, but after having them in our house and dreaming about what the bathroom would look like,  I decided they were just far too dark for the little room.

Dun dun dunnn...... Now what? I purchased them five months ago.

Lucky for me, The Tile Shop is an amazing place. When I strolled in late on a Friday night saying I wanted to exchange over $1,000 worth of tile, they didn't even bat an eyelash. They said "No problem - and how about we keep your original discount (25% from Labor Day!) on your order?"

Heck yes!

So I exchanged my black tile for white. And now I'm much more confident that this room is going to turn out beautifully (and hopefully draw in prospective buyers when it's time to sell!).  I should have some final reveal photos to share with you in the next few weeks, but in the meantime, here's the handy-dandy mood board I threw together to help me make some of the other design decisions.

New Master Bathroom Mood Board

Painted Woven Basket // What a pretty place to store some towels!

White Marble Tile // Check out our beautiful rectangular shower wall tile (our size not avail online) and hexagon shower floor tile. So glad I changed my mind!

Modern Wall Lantern // I found these modern beauties at Joss & Main for only $40. What what?!?

Exposed Shelving // I love the look of exposed shelving, so we found some Ikea shelves to match the color of our vanity which will hold towels, bath salts and other odds and ends.

Succulents in cement planter // Succulents may be one of the only plants that I won't (hopefully) kill, so I'll be bringing them in all over my house!

Grey Nate Berkus Towels // I'm absolutely in LOVE with these towels. Obsessed may be the right word. Yup, obsessed.

Beautiful Glass Door // We found a beautiful white glass door at Home Depot very similar to this image which I think will look beautiful in this space.

Floating Vanity // This was my #1 must-have for the space. I knew I wanted a dark wooden vanity, and I knew it had to be floating. This thing is gorgeous.

Geometric Rug // I must have looked at over 100 different rug options before finding this beauty. I love the way it brings in some color to the room and the geometric pattern will tie back to our awesome towels.

So everyone stay tuned. Final reveal will be coming soon!

Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top