Since we've changed up our living room's color scheme, I've been procrastinating on painting the inside of our front door to match. I don't know why I thought it would be such a daunting task, but now that it's done, it really wasn't that bad.

As you can see, the maroon door doesn't really match with our mint/yellow/grey/pink color scheme. It wasn't horrendous, but it wasn't pretty either.

IMG_0806-001
I researched the right way to paint a door here and here, but really it was pretty simple.

We took the door off it's hinges, we removed the hardware that we could (the door handle was on so tight there was no getting that off, so we taped it up) and we taped the outer edges of the door, because I still wanted the sides and the outside of the door to be maroon. 

IMG_0810

Then I got to painting!

IMG_0812

And here's the final product.

IMG_0818-001
IMG_0819-001


I feel like it still might need a little something. Maybe I add some flair like these painted doors I featured a few months ago? What do you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top