Today I'm phoning a friend - all of you! How the heck do you successfully stencil?

I've seen plenty of beautiful stencil projects, and all of you make it look so easy - but it isn't! I recently purchased a Herringbone stencil and set out with awesome intentions on my DIY Herringbone Pillow Cover (which didn't turn out the way I'd hoped), as well as the back panel of our DIY Built-in Shoe Shelf.

Fail.

Stenciling back of Bookcase
Stenciling Close Up

Like I said, it's not as easy as y'all make it look! So someone help me out. How do you get your stenciling projects to look so perfect?

I followed the instructions provided by the stencil company. Did I have too much paint on my roller? I didn't think so at the time, but maybe? Should I not be using a roller? But when I used a paint brush for the pillow cover, that didn't work either.

I'm in love with the look of a patterned wall, so I'd love any advice you could give me! Who has some success stories?

On another note (now that I've shared with you how incompetent I am with a stencil) it's time for Apartment Therapy's Homie awards!

The Homies
Thank you to whoever nominated us, and continues to vote for us! While we know that our four votes will in no way compete with those blogs at the top of the list, I'd love for any of you out there that LOVE Home Coming as much as I do, to throw us a vote!

Vote here by clicking on the +1 button to the left of our name. If the button isn't there, you just need to sign up for an Apartment Therapy account - but don't worry! They won't send you spam or a daily newsletter if you don't want them to.

Every vote counts. Thanks everyone!

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters,  Pincentive Blog Hop, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top