As part of our Master Suite Remodel, we're building a brand new closet so I've been planning out how to best optimize the space.

While I don't have any great photos of our old closet (honestly, it was too small to really take photos large enough to tell what was going on) I do have this one. Overwhelming, right?

Closet

I've got a lot of clothes. And shoes. And scarves. I may be addicted.

The square footage of our new closet is almost identical to our last, in a longer, rectangular shape. But I'm hoping with some optimization, we'll be able to make the space much more manageable. I've thought long and hard about what I want this space to achieve and how it can be better optimized for us.

Must Have's for Optimizing Storage in Closet:

  • Lots of space for hanging clothes
  • A tall space for long dresses and pants to hang
  • Drawers or shelves for folded clothes like sweaters and gym clothes
  • Shoe storage
  • Purse storage
  • Scarf storage
  • A space for jewelry, sunglasses and other random pieces
And lastly, I want it to look nice. How can we make it look as organized and beautiful as possible, instead of the cluttered mess our last closet was?

So here's our plan:

Back wall of closet, view from door:

Closet Plans1

Left wall of closet, view from door:

Closet Plans2

We'll be building this all ourselves, so it's can be completely custom to our design. I'll have plenty of shelf space for everything from shoes to sweaters to scarves.

One of the ways I'm planning to make the space look more organized, is with some really smart storage solutions. Things like front-flap shoe boxes, purse storage and plenty of cute baskets.

Closet Storage Solutions

So what do you think? Did I miss anything?

Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters,  Pincentive Blog Hop, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays,  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top