Happy Friday! My brother has picked up Oscar from pre-school today which is giving me the afternoon to catch up on work. It has been a weird week including one of my first disgruntled readers who I have angered because I didn't sand the doweling in my Valentine's Day banner. At first the comment made me embarrassed that I hadn't sanded the doweling, but within a few minutes after the shock wore off I was like "Seriously?" Why does it have to be perfect?"

It's easy to fall into this trap of not wanting to post pictures because they aren't perfect. And I've tried not to fall into that trap. I do these projects for fun and get the added enjoyment of documenting them here on my blog. I'm actually doing these projects blog or not. My hope is that perhaps it inspires and maybe someone else will do the project and add their own flair.

Sorry for the rant. :( I guess if anyone thinks I'm Martha Stewart and are looking for those kinds of projects and details - I'm not your girl and this isn't the blog. Over here my hair is in a bun, I'm wearing the same jeans as yesterday, have strawberry jelly on my white shirt and I forgot to take my contacts out last night because I knocked myself out with cold medicine. I'm sleep deprived and yet, find great enjoyment out of doing projects, they calm me. So I'm not going to worry about them being perfect, as my little guy isn't caring either. ;) Moving on.

Here is what didn't get blogged about this week:

1. Chapter's is in the mood for Valentine's Day
2. Filling out Jr. Kingergarten Forms, and Mak The Cat is eating my flowers
3. The drive downtown - Oscar, Aubrey and I went to see Raffi in concert!
4. My new toy aka. work tool
5. This book looks hilarious. As well as the one next to it.
6. Holt Renfrew has the neatest windows right now
7. I think I may pick up this picture stand from Chapters
8. Retro Styled Games at Chapters - I'm a nut for packaging!
9. My sweetheart who has bought me chocolate and flowers throughout this week to cheer me up. (I'm in a February funk)

Have a great weekend! xo

Ps., The winner was drawn for the $50 gift card - was it you? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top