Two summers ago I made some concrete planters at the cottage. They are still being used both in my house both as a planter for my succulents and occasionally even as tea light holders outside during the summer. I'm in love with the look of concrete which I'm sure I've mentioned before - and that my love of it goes back to my days at Trent University and the architecture of Ron Thom that surrounded me.

Anyhow, I had some tulips around the house so it hit me to try out one of the planters as a vase. I just put in a glass jar, and well...there you go. I am in love with the contrast of the hard of the concrete with the soft of the tulips. Just another use for a DIY project that you may like to try, maybe when the weather is warmer. xo Lindsay


DIY Concrete Planters 


*If you're a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright or simply architecture in general you'll surely love the work of Ron Thom. Above you will see a link to an exhibition running now through to April at the Gardiner Museum here in Toronto - something I'm definitely going to try to get to see myself!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top