Today is my 30th birthday, friends. I've been nervous about this day for the last five years, but also a little bit excited. I hear 30's are the new 20's - amiright? So in honor of this momentous occasion, I've put together a list of 30 things about me that you may not know.

Since this is a home blog, and our main focus is our home and DIY projects, we don't share a whole lot about ourselves. You've seen tons of pictures of Justin building things, but since I'm behind the camera, you don't see a whole lot of me. So today I aim to change that and give you a peek behind the camera.

The Wall


30 Things about this 30 Year Old

1. I can't start or end my day without updating my to-do list. So this 30 things list is right up my alley.

2. I've ran at least one half or full marathon a year, for the last six years.

3. I'm (for real) addicted to sugar. If I try to cut cookies, donuts or cupcakes out of my diet, I'll have dreams about them until I eat some.

4. I eat desert before my meal so I always know I'll have room.

5. I don't drink coffee or caffeine of any kind.

6. I don't watch movies, but am obsessed with TV shows and watch them so much it's like the characters become a part of my family.  GoT, True Blood, Homeland, Dexter, Grey's and HIMYM are some of my favorites.

7. The only movies I do watch are Christmas movies like Home Alone and Santa Clause.

8. I love baseball.

9. Justin & I have been on a co-ed kickball team for the last 3 years

10. I've never owned a vehicle.

11. I pride myself in riding my bike to work a few days a week, 24 miles round trip.

12. I've lived in 3 states and have visited 36 states, mainly through road trips and my job.

13. I'm an adrenaline junkie. I've skydived, scuba dived, sailed a boat, white water rafted, surfed, snowboarded, rappelled down a mountain - as well as a cenote, hiked mountains, cliff jumped, zip lined, and went parasailing.

14. Justin and I have been together for 11 years, and married for 7.

15. I'm the anti-1950's housewife. I don't cook. I only do my own laundry. I suck at cleaning. And I will not be the stay-at-home parent when/if that time comes.

16. I don't know how to cook (at all). If Justin isn't home, my go-to meal is a bowl of cereal and a glass of wine.

17. I could eat pizza or pancakes every day for the rest of my life. Oh...and Sonic. Don't forget Sonic.

18. I read 2-3 books a month. Any recommendations??

19. I have a phobia of metal. I'm deathly grossed out and afraid of touching it. Especially jewelry, keys and change. Other things like utensils and doorknobs don't bother me (as much).

20. Buzzfeed thinks Cory Matthews is my Boy Meets World Soul Mate.

21. Buzzfeed also thinks I should live in California (and sometimes, so do I).

22. We've owned our house for 7 years, but only lived in it for 4.

23. I have a bold, minimalist style, but can't get rid of enough of my shit to truly be a minimalist.

24. I have a black thumb. I've killed just about every plant I've gotten my hands on.

25. I work a full-time job. Blogging is one of my hobbies, and DIY'ing is my creative outlet.

26. I have two dogs. Even though I'd never thought I'd ever be an animal person, they're my babies.

27. My drink of choice is a local brew, no matter where I am.

28. I still watch MTV religiously.

29. I love to travel and have been to 6 other countries. We're slowly working to add more to our list.

30. I'm equal parts excited and sad to leave my 20's behind and rock my 30's socks off.


Anything surprise you? Or anything you can relate to?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top