Hi friends. I had every intention of sharing Part 2 of our How to Build a Dresser series today, but Justin & I decided to take a spontaneous break and do HH and a baseball game with friends instead.

So instead,  I'm here to share how I made a focal wall in our new Master Closet that Justin built us me. We shared this on Pneumatic Addict Furniture last month, but here's the tutorial again, just in case you missed it!

I'd been toying with the idea of covering this closet wall with wallpaper, or painting it with a fun patterned stencil, but I just can't commit. I'm terrible at stenciling (like really, really bad) and wallpaper is such a commitment.

So I needed a temporary solution, and what better to use than Washi Tape!?

Washi Tape Temporary Wallpaper

I've used washi tape in my home as a temporary design on the inside of our front door, and I love it. I love it even more knowing that I can take it down whenever I'm sick of it, and it would take about 10 seconds.

And that's the perfect solution for this space.

Here's what this wall looked like before I started taping up the wall (and before our closet system was done!)

Master Closet Hooks Before

Closet Wall Before & After

I had two rolls of grey washi tape that I picked up on clearance a few months ago from Target, which are perfect for this room. Because all of our clothes will be bringing in tons of different colors and patterns, I wanted a tape that was simple and neutral.

Gray Washi Tape

Then it came time to start taping out my pattern. I decided to do a pattern of overlapping hexagons which would feel modern yet simple.

Temporary Wallpaper | Cutting Washi Tape

Temporary Wallpaper | First Hexagon

Using 6" strips for each side of the hexagon, I started putting the hexagons together and overlapping it with the next shape.

Temporary Wallpaper | Second Hexagon

And on you go.

Temporary Wallpaper | First Row of Hexagons

I was able to get two rows of hexagons with my two rolls of washi tape. It took about an hour and a half to complete.

Temporary Wallpaper | Washi Tape Hexagons

Temporary Wallpaper Closet Up

I think my plan will to see if I can find a few more rolls of this exact washi tape, or the same gray color tape since this one may have been discontinued (I think I purchased it on clearance after Christmas...). Then I can finish up the entire wall. But I like how it looks!

Washi Tape Wallpaper Final
Washi Tape Wallpaper Closet Wall
Washi Tape Wallpaper

So who loves Washi Tape even more now?

Linking up to:  Motivate Me Monday,  Monday FundayThat DIY PartyTuesdays at Our HomeRemodelaholicTime to Sparkle,  Work It WednesdaySunday BestInspire Me Please Creativity UnleashedThe Humble BragFriday Flash BlogLovely Ladies Linky,  Wow Us Wednesday, Making MondayBefore and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home PartyIt's a PartyWorthwhile Wednesday'sThe MakersDo Tell TuesdaysThursday StyleLink'n Blogs,  Enchanting Inspiration Party,  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top