Two nights ago Aubrey and I packed our bags and checked into the Fairmont Royal York for a night off in our own city. I did a similar "vacation" with my Mom close to a year ago - the two of us checked into our own rooms, and just relaxed at the hotel (I had meant to blog about it but totally forgot) Anyhow, with Oscar sleeping over with his Uncle Pete and my Mom, Aubrey and I just hung out together like we used to do pre-parenthood.  We walked up to the Eaton Centre and popped into Chapter's and I picked up two books I had been interested in, and we walked back to the hotel and sat in the Gold Floor lounge and read our books uninterrupted and ate appetizers all night. No shows. No major event. Just quiet, sitting across from each other in a beautiful lounge. It was the best night ever.  The Gold Floor gives you access to private check in, and a lounge that serves coffee, tea, appetizers and desserts - and in the morning, a beautiful buffet of breakfast. All I wanted to do was to sit in the lounge all night and read a book. And that is just what we did. Aubrey and I slept in until 9:30 in the morning. Heaven. When we were going to pick up Oscar from my Mom's house later on that afternoon we remarked how it was crazy how we felt like we had been away on a vacation - but we were in our own city. I can't recommend this kind of vacation enough. Just pick a hotel that has amenities that makes it feel luxurious for a night - I'm sure lots of hotels in the city are divine and perhaps we'll explore others in years to come. But I adore this hotel and really do recommend buying a new book, sitting in the lounge and doing absolutely nothing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top