The other day, I let you know that my next room to tackle is our laundry/powder room on the main floor of our house. It hasn't been touched since we bought the house 7 years ago, and is in a major need of an upgrade. I searched for some laundry room inspiration, and think I have the room narrowed down to two similar, but different styles.

I'm sharing both mood boards and outlining a few differences, and I'd love your opinion on which direction to choose!

To level set, here's a quick shot of our current laundry/powder room.

Laundry Collage

Option 1: Mint Laundry Room


Mint Laundry Room Mood Board



This first option is using the mint color that we have in our living & dining room, on the same floor as this laundry room. I think it would be a really nice way to tie the house together and make it feel cohesive.

My plan would be to stencil 1-2 of the walls using the pattern from the top in mint and white, left corner of the mood board (Yes! I'm going to try stenciling again! Cutting Edge Stencils reached out and gave me a few pointers to be a more successful stenciler than the last time I tried it). The stenciled wall(s) will be behind the washer/dryer, and maybe the long wall behind the vanity & mirror as well.

Option 2: Grey Laundry Room


Grey Laundry Room Mood Board


Nagoya Stencil // Quietude Behr Paint // Labeled Wicker Basket // Glass Jar Set // Framed Mirror // Black Wire Baskets // Wooden Shelf /Patterned Towels // Wicker Hamper // Modern Vanity & Sink // White & Grey Rug 

This option is using a really light grey color that we have in our stairwell, master bathroom and master closet (2nd floor of the house). I like this option because I love how really white rooms look with natural colors of wood. We'd use the same stencil in this option, with the super light grey and white.

A couple of caveats to this mood board is that a lot of the woodwork Justin would build us instead of buying, so we'd be able to stain them all the same color. So the shelves and mirror be the same color wood, and the mirror would be larger (of course) to go above the sink.

This laundry room makeover is going to be done in stages with the cosmetic things like the paint, stenciling, baskets and maybe the shelf coming in Round 1, then mirror, light fixtures and new vanity/sink over time. But while this makeover will likely take some time, I want to make sure I have a solid plan before getting to far in.

So what do you think? Should I go light & natural with the grey mood board, or bring in some of our bold mint color from the living room?

Linking up to:  Motivate Me Monday,  Monday FundayThat DIY PartyTuesdays at Our HomeRemodelaholicTime to Sparkle,  Work It WednesdaySunday BestInspire Me Please Creativity UnleashedThe Humble BragFriday Flash BlogLovely Ladies Linky,  Wow Us Wednesday, Making MondayBefore and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home PartyIt's a PartyWorthwhile Wednesday'sThe MakersDo Tell TuesdaysThursday StyleLink'n Blogs



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top