Aubrey texted me one morning on his way to work to let me know a neighbour had left out a piece of furniture on the curb. I ran out in my socks, saw it, and quickly carried it home. I was in the process of saving up for a paint sprayer (more on that purchase another time) and this was the perfect piece to test it out on. I figured I'd either sell the piece or, use it in my office and I opted to go with pink. I don't have pink anywhere in my house and I figured, what the heck.


I brought the side table inside and touched up major wear with some putty and then sanded it down. Once that was dry I brought the table into my lane way and sprayed it with my new sprayer, and a rather cute shade of pink. I have to tell you. Spray painting furniture gives you THE best finish. I'm skipping over a lot of things - like me staring at the paint sprayer for 1/2 an hour, terrified to use it. And another 1/2 an hour reading the manual and following each step to the T. This isn't for the faint of heart. I opted to keep the handles that came with the drawer unit as I thought they were rather beautiful. But decided to go crazy and do a darker shade of pink -







I used Rustoleum's Berry Pink from the Home Depot. Unfortunately the spray wasn't cooperating for a little bit and I ended up with a fine mist of hot pink all over my face after spraying the handles. Which was quite amusing for Aubrey. (I didn't realize I was walking around with a hot pink face - yay) Anyhow, it was worth it. Because I LOVE how it turned out.


Anyhow, just some colour inspiration for you. I'll blog soon about my paint sprayer that I purchased, because I LOVE IT. xo Lindsay

Side Table Colour used: Dulux Diamond Line, Fresh Peonies 70RR 48/184
Handles: Rustoleum Painters Touch, GLOSS Berry Pink at the Home Depot
Paint Sprayer: Graco True Coat Plus II, Cordless (More on that in another post)

*Typically I use Benjamin Moore for my projects but I bought my sprayer from a Dulux store and was really thrilled at their service, knowledge and their advertised sales (Benjamin Moore NEVER has sales on their paint) I have to say, after using their line I'm really happy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top