Area rugs are one of my favorite ways to decorate a space. They instantly pull a room's decor together and help define the style. But what do you do when your rug always looks like this?

Kitchen Rug with old rug pad


Roxy was very happy to model for this photo. She's also an devoted advocate of area rugs as she's not too fond of the hardwood (or in our case, laminate) floors. 

If you're anything like me, you stress and stress over the perfect area rug for a space, typically spending more money than you ever thought you'd spend on a rug - but then skimp on the rug pad, picking out the cheapest one you can find because "it's not like you see it". Amiright?

I'm guilty. I've always thought the cheap $20 rug pad from Target will "do the job" - but really, it hasn't been doing that great of a job anywhere in our home. We always end up with the rug slipping around or the rug pad sliding it's way out around the corners.

Old Rug Pad

So when Rug Pad USA reached out to me for a rug pad review, I jumped at the chance. Sure, it's not the most fancy product review, but my current rug pads were driving me insane.

And now, my kitchen rug (and Roxy) couldn't be happier.

I got the Premium Lock rug pad, which is good for our laminate floors (among lots of others). What I love about it is it's got a really grippy rubber bottom that grips to your floors and literally will not slide no matter how hard you try. And it has a felt top which grips really nicely to the fabric or under-side of your area rug.

Rug Pad USA new rug pad

New Rug Pad


I laid this out under our kitchen rug last week and it hasn't moved. The dogs jumping around nor Justin dancing around the kitchen could make this rug slip.

Kitchen Rug
New Rug Pad Corner

I'm super happy with the rug pad and am seriously thinking about getting one for all of our smaller rugs that tend to slip around (hello master bathroom!), and what's great is I don't have to worry about the rug pads sticking to or ruining our nice, new tile floor in the bathroom. My mind is at ease.

Before and After new rug pad


For anyone that wants to purchase their new rug pads, Rug Pad USA is offering a 15% discount for your entire order using this code: pr15off. I'm off to order mine now!!

Linking up to:  Motivate Me Monday,  Monday FundayThat DIY PartyTuesdays at Our HomeRemodelaholicTime to Sparkle,  Work It WednesdaySunday BestInspire Me Please Creativity UnleashedThe Humble BragFriday Flash BlogLovely Ladies Linky,  Wow Us Wednesday, Making MondayBefore and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home PartyIt's a PartyWorthwhile Wednesday'sThe MakersDo Tell TuesdaysThursday StyleLink'n Blogs




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top