This girl can really do it all. Typically an amazing furniture builder and craftswoman, Elisha from Pneumatic Addict Furniture is branching out, and I"m impressed! Check out this great art DIY she has to share with us today. 


After building 30 wood boxes for my Mid-Century Industrial Storage Shelf, I was left with a bag of scrap, plywood triangles. My brain started to fill with artistic possibilities, so I put on some Passion Pit and got my hipster on.


I dug out a spare piece of plywood and trimmed it down to a manageable size (18" x 22")


Next, it was time for paint. I was lucky enough to win a contest at SNAP Conference last month, and was sent home with some awesome swag. Included was a couple bottles of Multi-purpose paint by American and a bottle of Gold Leaf from Superlite. 


I wanted to showcase the bare wood, and just have accents of color, so I ended up painting only 4-5 triangles of each color.

When it came to attaching the triangles, I used good ole' wood glue. I started with my bottom row, then went up one side. This showed me how many triangles I was going to need and helped me decided where to place the color.

 

About an hour and one playlist over, this is what I ended up with.

 

I love the 3-dimensional texture gluing on the triangles created. Just to make things fun, I added a random, glittered triangle.


This piece of artwork was super easy to make and cost me nothing! In fact, I styled this whole bookshelf with things I had laying around. Get creative! Look around the house (or yard) for shapes you like. Spray paint can make almost anything look good. Don't be afraid to mix metals. Just fill your shelves with things you love, and remember to vary the heights, textures, etc.


I'm really happy with how my wood triangle art turned out, but I feel like I need to wear a scarf and find a food truck for lunch now.

Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top