I found a little ottoman in a local vintage shop about a year ago, and it has been waiting some TLC ever since. I originally thought it would go in Oscar's room but it now as a nice home in our TV room. Anyhow, this project is really easy to do. Like, super easy. You just need the right tools. In this case it's a power staple gun and a hot glue gun.



Step 1: I ripped off the old fabric, I left the padding as is on the ottoman as the condition was fine
Step 2: Lay the new fabric on top, positioned it and then stapled one side. I wasn't sure how I was going to finish it off (I had never done piping before) so I neatly folded the fabric (shown above) and then stapled it, so I would at least have a neat edge
Step 3: I continued using my staple gun - started at one side - then pulled the fabric tight to the other side, and then continued to the next.
Step 4: I decided I wasn't going to attempt piping so I decided to hot glue gun some velvet ribbon that looked lovely with the fabric, around the edge to hide the staples.


I felt weird hot gluing the ribbon to cover the staples, but it worked and was such an inexpensive (and EASY) way to finish off the piece. There you go. More reason to stock up on gorgeous ribbons when you see them in stores. ;)

Ps., I appreciate I didn't do awesome step by step photos - I wasn't really doing this with a blog post in mind - but if you can handle a staple gun you're all set. I just hope this is inspiring, and perhaps if you see a little piece of furniture that could use some TLC, you pick it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top