I've got two more simple DIY projects from my Home Office Makeover to share with you.

First up, are these awesome DIY Striped Magazine Holders which I made from some super old (and ugly) black magazine holders I had laying around the house.

DIY Striped Magazine Holders

The DIY of these was about as simple as it got. Take your old magazine files, tape off even stripes on the spine of the holder with blue painters tape, then paint away! Since I was using spray paint, I decided to tape up the other three sides of the holder so they didn't get any overspray, and it worked great.

Striped Magazine Holder how to

Then I took my three striped magazine holders and mixed them in with my three new white magazine holders from Staples. I feel like the balance between the stripes and the white is perfect for this space. Just enough excitement for the space, but nothing too overwhelming.

Black and White Magazine Storage

Then, since stripes is one of the themes in the room, I also DIY'ed these Striped Bulletin Boards!

DIY Striped Bulletin Boards

This was another super easy DIY. Taking my two Martha Stewart Bulletin Boards, I taped them off with painters tape (I can't remember this brand of painters tape, but I liked the width), and then painted stripes using some wall paint samples I had laying around the house.

Striped Bulletin Board how to

Simple, right? But so much cuter than two plain bulletin boards hanging above my desk.

This whole office was filled with really simple DIY projects that came together in such a strong design that I'm in love with. I'll have a much easier time working down here than in that old space! 

Black and White Home Office Makeover

Don't forget to enter to win $100 in office furniture from Staples over on our Office Reveal post from earlier this week. Giveaway is open until Tuesday, May 6th to the US only. Good luck!

Staples Office Furniture Giveaway
Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top