Now that you know our Master Suite remodeling plans that's quickly approaching, you understand my excitement around decorating our new spaces!

I've decided to try and tackle the Master Bedroom decor first, leaving the more difficult bathroom design for later.

I thought it would be easy to come up with a style for our bedroom, but I'm wavering between several different styles and can't decide what I'll want to live with for a couple of years. I change my design style so frequently, it's hard to commit. So I'll be creating a few different mood boards and then will (one day in the future) compare them against each other to make a final decision.

You've already seen my first mood board created last week with my inspiration stemming from a gorgeous bed from CB2. And today I'm inspired by yet another gorgeous bed.  

Note: Let's all use our imagination and pretend that all of the browns in the mood board are black. KThanks.
Inspired by a Bed
1 // Kelly Green Bed // Ever since Agent Walkers bedroom on the TV show Chuck, I've been dreaming of a green headboard. I mean, how gorgeous is this one!? (Side note: Come to find out that Agent Walker's bedroom was actually a room at The Viceroy in Santa Monica. WHY did I never get to stay in that room in all the times I've stayed there?!? Seriously.)

2 // Black and Grey Feature Wall // What better way to dial up the drama than with a black & grey feature wall behind the bed? Rather than taking the time (and money) to do wallpaper, I'd opt for stenciling.

3 // All White Furniture // To keep the focus on the bed and feature wall, all of my furniture from nightstands to dressers would be white, with very clean and modern lines.

 4 // To Chandelier or not to Chandelier // I'm still torn on having a chandelier in our master since our ceiling is a little low, but if I decide to have one, this one is a looker!

5 // Modern Artwork // The remaining three bedroom walls would be white, so I'd use modern black & white artwork similar to this piece to balance out the room.  (Yes, I said similar. Don't worry mom, I'm not going to be spending $900 on artwork....)

6 // Striped Storage Bench // I'd like to put a storage bench at the foot of our bed, and I have every bit of faith that this black and white striped bench would look amazing with the green!

 7 // White Table Lamp // Since the lamps will be seen against the black focal wall and next to the green headboard, I think it would best for them to be all white.

 8 // Green Pillow // I'd plan to add in small pops of kelly green throughout the room to match with the bed and further tie the room together.

 9 // Black and White Vase // And the remainder of the accents throughout the room would be a very classic black and white like this vase!

What do you think? The perfect amounts of dramatic?

And P.S. Don't forget to enter my current giveaway to win a wall decal up to $40 from Dana Decals! Enter through this post.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top