Hellooo friends. It's day 2 of 2014 and even though I think I'm coming down with a cold already, I just know that 2014 is going to be a great year.

New Year
source
Justin & I have one big goal for 2014 - and a few little ones that we wanted to share with you as a way to kick off the new year.

Our 2014 Goals

1 // Finish remodeling our house, and take some time to enjoy it! 

We took (almost) the whole month of December off of our remodel between our vacation and the holidays, so it's time to ramp up and get this thing on the road! We're working on the bathroom & closet as we speak, and hope to be done around February/March. And boy, we can not wait to share it with all of you!!

2 // Relax for once. 

I'm the type of person that always has to be doing something. I don't know how to sit and relax. In 2013 we moved straight from six months of marathon training into a five-ish month home remodel with no time to relax. It's catching up with us.  I need to learn to give myself time to rewind and relax. I don't always need to be busy crossing off something on my to-do list.

3 // Spend quality time with loved ones (with all of our newly-found spare time!)

Since we'll be relaxing more, that means we'll have a TON more time to spend with our friends and family.  Spending time with loved ones was definitely something that got lost in 2013, so we're looking to make it up to everyone this year!!


4 // Do more of what we love. And less of what we don't. 

Not that we don't already do what we love, but let's try to hone in on those things, shall we?

And our biggest, baddest goal of the year?!?!?

5 // Open our own furniture & design business.

Yup, we're doing it. We've heard from so many of you that we're pretty good at building furniture. So, why not?! It's something we love doing (see goal #4), so let's put our heart and soul into it. We're scared and a little clueless, but we're starting to dig in and plan this all out.

With Justin's expertise in building and my design & business sense, I think we're going to kill it!  So, post-remodel and a little relaxing time (see goal #2) we're going to put together a business plan, a website & etsy shop, and start building some furniture!! Some of the first pieces in the shop? None other than our coffee table, end table and couch sleeve!

Needless to say, we're pretty excited about 2014.

How about you? What are your goals for 2014? And who wants to go to the spa with me to learn how to relax?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top