Today I'm happy to welcome Amy from Amy Krist to share her beautiful boys bedroom makeover. Everyone welcome her back and take a look at her inspiring room! 

 Hey there! First off let me say how excited I am to be stopping by Kayla's!

Second, let me introduce myself- I'm Amy of Amy Krist and most days [ask my poor kids and husband] you can find me DIY'ing, crafting,spray painting, repurposing and upcycling all kinds of crazy things!! Judge for yourself: Geometric Orb made from a dog's toy / Chandelier Wrap made from hula hoops / DIY Funky key holder

My little family and I recently moved to San Diego for my husband's job. We settled on living in a great school district for our kids and purchased a brand new house. 2012 was a whirlwind! Yes, it's true what they say about California...it's EXPENSIVE! With that being said, I was-and still am-determined to turn our cookie-cutter house into a unique home. I started my little blog not even a year ago as a way to share and document how I'm transforming this house into something unique while on a shoestring [most often-$zero] budget. With a big imagination and little money it can be done!

IMAG0734
 
Today I'm sharing my little man's bedroom re-do. It's hard to believe that he's now old enough [just turned 4] to have his own opinions. sniff. sniff.

orange accent wall boys modern bedroom makeover

He desperately wanted an orange, green, purple and black room. Ummmm....so we settled on ONE color and that wound up being orange. Whew! I was scared he might choose black. I decided to go for it and we settled on a very bright orange.

starting to paint

You can spot two of my fav DIY projects in the above picture- plumbing fixture curtain hardware and electrical tape embellished closet doors. The curtain rod is actually an old shower curtain rod that I spray painted black.

boys bedroom makeover orange accent wall

Three coats of paint later, I was able to finally put the room together [my favorite part!] And here is how it turned out...

boys modern room makeover_orange accent wall
modern room makeover_boys_ orange accent wall

 I put up this faux wood plank wallpaper about 6 months ago with the thought that I wanted his room to have a nautical theme.

boys modern bedroom makeover_orange accent wall

Even though I love the orange wall, I wanted to tone it down just a bit. I purchased these poster sized frames from Micheal's and taped 4 Norman Rockwell prints inside. I purchased these from eBay for $15 + $5 shipping!


orange accent wall_modern boys bedroom makeover
young boys bedroom makeover_orange accent wall
toddler boy modern bedroom makeover_orange accent wall

 The curtains are from IKEA and wound up being 4" too short so I added this gray+white chevron band around the bottom. No sewing for this girl [if I can help it!] I used my favorite Heat+Bond. So far it's stood the wrath of my son. :-)

boys bedroom makeover_modern_with orange accent wall

The gray+white chevron rug was a major score from Rugs USA [50% off plus free shipping].


orange accent wall_boys modern bedroom makeover

 I'm sure all you IKEA junkies can recognize that my boy's headboard is actually an IKEA Expedit shelving unit. We have had this thing for about 7 years now and it's one of those pieces that moves from room to room. Love that about IKEA stuff! It's great as his headboard because it's also serving as his bookcase. Those white boxes are actually bright blue and also came from IKEA. I slapped some white contact paper on these to blend with his new decor.

boys room makeover_orange accent wall

 One thing you should know about me is I LOVE using contact paper! It's an inexpensive way to update or funk-ify anything. I covered my son's dresser drawers in white contact paper to make it a bit funky. I also LOVE using duck tape and added some bright orange to the dresser knobs.

toddler boys_modern bedroom makeover_orange accent wall

Would you believe me if I told you the rope on that lamp is covering up an oatmeal container? I made a "lamp wrap" for an old outdated lamp we had laying around out of an empty oatmeal container, jute rope, and some hot glue. Crazy, huh? What better way to wrap up this post than with a quirky DIY project. After all, that's what I'm all about. Thanks so much Kayla for letting me share with your lovely readers!

orange accent wall boys modern bedroom makeover signature_hugs_amy
Linking up to: Give Me The Goods Monday, Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Craft-o-Matic, Monday Funday, That DIY Party, Mod Mix Monday, Tuesdays at Our Home, Tell Me Tuesday, Remodelaholic, Time to Sparkle, Take a Look Tuesday, Work It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, The Weekly Creative, Inspire Me Please What's Shaking Link Party, Craft Frenzy Friday, DIY Weekend, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies Linky, Best of the Weekend, Tutorials and Tips, Wow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Craft, Create & Inspire, Pincentive Blog Hop, Wow Me Wednesday, Live Laugh Linky,  Create It Thursday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Craft Frenzy Friday,  Feathered Nest Friday,  Friday Flash Blog,  The Party Bunch,  Friday Follow Along Party,  What's Shakin' Link Party,  Inspiration Monday, Link it or Lump it,  Let's Pour Tea PartyFrugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top