I decided to hack some Ikea Ribba frames over here. Again. Although I've painted the actual frames here and here I had yet to try painting the actual matting. It was super easy and, gives pretty awesome results for under five bucks (I bought sample paint pots from the hardware). You can see how a simple paint job of the matting gives the same Ikea ribba frame totally different looks. How sweet for a nursery?


I find the ribba matting pretty yellowish so I even painted the matting a brighter white (Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace is the top right) and it was pretty perfect. The other colours were sample paint colours from both Home Depot and Lowes. It's such an easy project but gives pretty amazing results. I do love a good Ikea hack.



That's it! Just some inspiration for today.

xo

Artwork via The Penny Paper Co.
Frame ideas via The Penny Paper Co.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top