Thanks to everyone for the kind words yesterday on our home office makeover! I'm so incredibly happy with how it turned out and can't wait for a day that I get to work from home and take advantage of this space!

Today I wanted to share a little bit of the behind the scenes of this room's makeover.

Black and White Home Office Makeover with Staples

As a reminder, this side of our Guest Bedroom started out looking like this. Boring... bland... blah...blah...blah.

Guest Bedroom Bookshelf Before

So here begins the transformation.

If you've been following Home Coming for long, you know that while we've owned our house for seven years, we had it with renters for four of those years while we lived in different places across the country. And needless to say, our renters did not take care of our house. 

This bedroom wasn't too bad, but it was awful dirty (there must have been a child sleeping up against this wall) and there were cracks and holes all along the walls. So this room needed some Spackle to fill the holes and cracks, and a few coats of fresh paint.

Fixing and Painting Walls

While I was working on the room, Justin was soaking up the one nice day that we've had in the last few months painting my desk.  We bought this desk while we were renting an apartment in Denver. It's made it through three moves with us, but for this thing to make it's way out of storage into the new office, it needed a facelift.

Painting Desk White

The last project I'm sharing (today) is one of my favorite DIY projects that really brought some excitement to the room. These DIY Painted Storage Boxes cost me $0 and only took about 15 minutes. They're one of my favorite parts of the room.

DIY Painted Storage Boxes

These storage boxes are simple DIY's from two shoe boxes that I'd saved from my latest shopping spree. After spraying on a a couple coats of white paint, I painted on patterns with my black acrylic paint. Polka Dots for one box, and x's for the other. I decided the more "hand painted" it looked, the better, so I did my best to make the black patterns look imperfect.

Patterned Storage Boxes how to

And here's what they look like in my new office!

DIY X Painted Storage Box
DIY Polka Dot Storage Box

Tomorrow I'll break down a couple of other projects that put together this home office, so be sure to check back!

Home Office Makeover with Staples

Don't forget to enter to win $100 in office furniture from Staples over on our Office Reveal post from yesterday. Giveaway is open until Tuesday, May 6th to the US only. Good luck!

Staples Office Furniture Giveaway

Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top