Today is another (mini) reveal of a project from our Master Suite remodel. Thank you to everyone for the kind comments on our Master Bathroom reveal that we shared yesterday. We're so happy that you all love it as much as we do. It was a long and grueling process, but entirely worth it at the end.

So today I'm sharing the Book Nook of our Master Bedroom. We knew we wanted lots of storage in our Master Suite, as well as a nice place that I can cuddle up with a book (while Justin's likely downstairs playing video games). And this little nook of our room is exactly what we'd hoped for.

Store your Shoes and Hats beautifully in a built-in bookcase

First off, storage.

You might remember back in January when we shared a tutorial of How to Build an Adjustable Built-In for Shoe Storage over on Teal & Lime.  We Justin built that baby in less than a week and styled it for a quick photoshoot for the post, but then had to quickly take it all down so we could continue with the rest of our remodel.

But now that we're officially living in our Master Suite, I was able to dig all my favorite shoes and style them on my beautiful built-in!

Shoe Organization in Master Bedroom

Justin even built me adjustable shelves so I have a space for my tall boots, and a space for my littler flats!

Built-In Adjustable Shelves for Shoes

I'm able to fit a ton of shoes on this built-in, along with showcasing some of Justin's hat collection (he gets a baseball cap from every staduim we visit) as well as a small collection of books to pick up whenever I'm in the reading mood.

Multi-purpose Built-In in Master Bedroom

While it definitely doesn't fit all of my shoes, it makes a pretty big dent. Once we've got the rest of the house cleaned up and have moved our "official" bookshelf back into the house (it's been stored int he garage during the remodel), then I might move that row of books downstairs so I can fit more shoes in this baby. I LOVE seeing all of their pretty little soles.

Shoe Organization Solution
Master Bedroom Shoe Storage in Built-In Bookshelf


Next, if we pan to the right just a little bit, you can see that this space has two beautiful big windows (check out our DIY Window Trim here) and a skylight, so it's the perfect spot for cuddling up with a good book. I coined this corner of the room My Book Nook, and put together a mood board a couple of months ago to start styling the space.

Master Bedroom book nook plus shoe storage
Master Bedroom Book Nook


So far I've only got the chair & blanket (the pillow is actually from the bed), but soon we'll build an end table and maybe a footstool to cozy up the space.

Master Bedroom Book Nook copy

So there you have it. I haven't had a chance to cuddle up with a book yet in said Book Nook, but I can feel it's coming soon. And I can't wait. It's going to be glorious - especially if I can open up those windows and let some Spring in.

BEFORE PHOTOS


And just for a proper stroll through memory lane. Here's the photo of this space in October 2012 when we tore down some walls. See those two windows in the back? That's my Book Nook! And that bannister opening down into the living room is where our Built-In Shoe Shelf is living now. Big change, right?

IMG_5854

Here's another bannister shot before we ripped down that wall.

IMG_5832

And right before we started our Master Suite Remodel last October (2013), here's what this corner of the room looked like (just to the left of this were the bannisters overlooking the stairs and living room)

IMG_6208

It's come a long way! Check out all of the remodeling steps that got us from October 2012 to today!

Linking up to: Make it Pretty Monday, Motivate Me MondayMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Tuesdays at Our Home, Remodelaholic, Time to SparkleWork It Wednesday, Simply Create Thursdays, Sunday Best, Inspire Me Please Creativity Unleashed, The Humble Brag, Friday Flash Blog, Lovely Ladies LinkyWow Us Wednesday,  Making Monday, Before and Afters, Wow Me Wednesday,  Inspiration Gallery,  Feathered Nest Friday,  The Party Bunch, Link it or Lump it,  Frugal Crafty Home Party, It's a Party, Worthwhile Wednesday's, The Makers, Do Tell Tuesdays, Thursday Style

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top