We bought a new washer and dryer. Although the old pair was in ok condition I was finding it difficult to do laundry, or, maximize storage because we couldn't store anything on top of the washer and dryer with the wash being top loading. The washer was getting a little rust, and overall, we knew we'd have to upgrade one day. Top loading washer & dryers don't work for small compact areas like ours and we're really trying to maximize the space in our home better so making a switch to High Efficiency models like this made sense for a number of reasons. We've been watching for sales of laundry sets in flyers for the past number of months and saw a great deal on an LG pair at Lowes about a month ago. We decided it was a good enough price to make the leap.




I have to tell you in all honesty I didn't do a lot of research. I know. Bad Lindsay. But There are a few brands I trust, and this happened to be one of them. I liked that this set had the Steam capabilities, as I'm a big fan of steam cleaning throughout my home and, using steam to get out smells and stains from pieces.

I have to tell you that although I've only been using them a week I loooove them. They wash my clothes better, and the washer and dryer are so QUIET. They are pretty hilariously cute. The sing you a little ditty when your wash / dryer is done which makes me smile. I just like that feature. Isn't that weird? It gets me every time.

We have to work on this area a bit. I'm not going to put the curtains back because they were kind of getting in the way. We will likely add a countertop over the set, all the way to the other side and remove that metal shelf, and, add in a base cabinet. Nothing that needs to happen right away, but down the line we hope to do that.

Just little (yet unfortunately pricey) household improvements. :)

LG Washer and LG True Steam Dryer purchased at Lowes

Ps., We gave our old set to some friends, so we know that they aren't going to a landfill! (Otherwise I would have donated them to Habitat for Humanity)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top